Saturday, July 12, 2008

Silver Comet Trail


This afternoon we headed to Rockmart to ride the Silver Comet Trail. We love riding bikes when we get the chance. I haven't done it in awhile so I was huffing and puffing. The girls did real good. This was Taylor's first time riding solo. Usually she's in my brother's trailer that he pulls behind his bike with my nephew in it.




Biker Granny...


It was just the girls today. Mom, me and my girls.
Here we go!!!


I had to stop twice to catch my breath!!! I'm out of shape plus I had Taylor with me. While we were riding I happened to look over at Taylor and noticed she picked up a new friend. Check out the top of her helment.



I finally made it to the tunnel....God had to give me the strength!! I was worn out.




We took a break at the tunnel.




Kerry's "biker" pose!


Then they rode through the tunnel and back. I was still resting!!!






Back to the car. It was a lot easier to go back. There is a slight grade going toward the tunnel so on the way back you are going down the grade!!!


They took off and left me and Taylor!!

2 comments:

The Rutland Family said...

I love to ride bikes. It has been YEARS since I've done it. Jud and I both have bikes, but mine hasn't come out of the garage since we moved to Georgia 5 years ago. Maybe someday soon we'll get them out and dust them off and put them to use. See you at church!
Pam

J.A.M (Jonathan, Anna, and Michelle Norton) said...

Sounds like an adventure! We've never been on the Silver Comet trail (only driven by) but I'm hoping to get Jonathan to go with me sometime soon. I'm enjoying learning more about you and your family on the blog!
Oh--you asked what part of Florida we went to. First stop was Titusville (where the shuttle launches); next New Smyrna Bch and last Jacksonville.
Michelle